Based in Minneapolis, MN
May 15, 2016
Press / Business contact:
It is our belief that games can make lives better - and happier! We lovingly craft nonviolent, colorful games with a focus on music.
Although we met in graduate school, it wasn't until we were both on the Game Design and Development faculty at Brown College that we started melding our skills and building our friendship. After a bit, Dev left for Phoenix AZ, Burlington VT, Sarasota FL, and Los Angeles CA - teaching games and working on projects in related fields like augmented reality, mobile apps, and web development. Meanwhile, Ari took over the Game department at Brown and eventually moved on to be a 3D artist at Axonom.
Late in 2015 Ari posted something about wanting to make a game while Dev was experimenting with interactive sound systems. The time was right and a partnership was born. A couple years later, we're about to release Newt One - our first product.
MinneDemo Presentation Vimeo
June 2017 Update YouTube
There are far more images available for DevNAri, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner: Game of the Show" - 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner: Best Gameplay" - 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner: Best Single Player" - 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner: Best Soundtrack" - 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner (Newt One): Player's Choice" - MinneCade 2017: May 7th, 2017
- "Official Selection: MinneCade" - MinneCade 2017: May 6-7, 2017
- "Session Host: Project Management for Indies" - GlitchCon 2017: May 6th, 2017
- "Session Host: Developing a non-violent videogame for Today's World" - MinneBar: Mar. 25th, 2017
- "Official Selection (Newt One): Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade 2" - MinneBar: Mar. 25th, 2017
- "Presenter: Newt One Demo" - MinneDemo 25: Feb. 16th, 2017
- "Winner (Newt One): Best Visuals" - Gamer's Rhapsody: Nov 18th-20th, 2016
- "Official Selection (Newt One): TEDx Minneapolis Innovation Lab" - TEDx Minneapolis: Aug. 18th, 2016
- "Presenter: Game Development Microtalks" - MinneBar: Apr. 6th, 2016
- "Official Selection (Newt One): Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade" - MinneBar: Apr. 6th, 2016
Nice Games Club Podcast, 5/15/2017
"Violence in Games (with Dev)" nicegames.club.
Ask an Indie: Ari Carrillo
Tech.mn interview with Ari tech.mn.
It’s Game On At Minnebar For MMMIMA2
MinneBar 12 arcade article tech.mn.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
President of Visuals and Playtime
President of Code and Noises